Are you creative and have a love of maths and or English?
Do you have the ability to share your knowledge and show patience when someone else doesn’t “get it” straight away?
Are you willing and able to travel between each tutees home?
If you’ve answered yes to these 3 questions then becoming a Starr Tutoring Brand Associate could be the perfectly logical next step for you!
You don’t need to have the best degree from the best university.
I’ve come to realise that sometimes very intelligent people struggle to explain the foundations of something because to them it seems like common sense. Yet without the foundations, a true understanding of something is going to be very hard to achieve.
You don’t need to be a qualified teacher providing you have got the ability to share your knowledge in a way that is understandable to someone else.
When I was a child I never had the confidence to put my hand up at school and ask if I didn’t understand something. But fortunately my dad had the patience of a saint. He spent hours each evening explaining things to me in a way that I could understand it. I often find myself repeating his methods of doing something when trying to explain something to others. He died when I was just 16, but sometimes it feels that through his straightforward logical steps, his memory will always live on.
When I started tutoring, I was also concerned that because I wasn’t a qualified teacher I would never make this work. It was pointed out to me though that often it takes someone to explain something to you from a different perspective in order to understand it. I couldn’t dispute this when I think back to the help my dad gave me.
Teachers are taught how to explain something using a specific method; sometimes it takes someone who looks to address a problem from a different angle, maybe from one outside of the box.
So who makes the best brand associates?
- They must be willing to travel.
- They want to make a difference to the lives, knowledge and confidence of people in their maths and English.
- They are someone who wants every day to be different and to meet a wide range of people.
- A creative flair is important so that you can make lessons interesting and valid.
- Have a desire to work independently; be their own boss and a desire to build a successful business of their own.
- They are free to work on evenings and weekends
- They want to be associated with a brand who has a genuine desire to make a difference to people’s lives.
If this sounds like you, fill in the form below to request a brochure and find out how you can start this new chapter in your life.